Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great Catholic Audio

Do you have an iPod, or an MP3 player? Are you interested in learning more about God and the Catholic Faith? If you are, then I have some great resources for you.

During this journey of faith, I have had the opportunity to talk with many knowledgeable Catholics - Catholic men who not only live their faith, but they also know their faith. They have been a great resource for me in order to help clear up confusion that I had on many of the doctrines of the Church. I thank God for them.

Along with my friends, I have found many wonderful resources online as well. Resources that range from Protestant / Catholic Debates, Catholic Radio Archives, sermons and conversion stories. If you are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith, I would highly recommend these online resources as well.

Stephen Ray:
After listening to Stephen Ray at the Defending the Faith Conference in Steubenville, I realized that I really needed to look into the claims of the Catholic Church. He has a great presentation style and being brought up as a fellow "Bible Thumper", he has a great grasp of the Holy Scriptures. He is the first Catholic who ever showed me how the scriptures actually make the case for Catholicism, as oppose to condemning it. On his blog, he has provided a set of talks that I am sure will cause you to think and ask questions.

Michael Voris (One True Faith):
This is what I am currently listening to. Michael Voris is amazing. He is fully aware of the fact that for the past 40 years or so, Catholics have not been taught the faith in a way that they should have been. With this in mind, his goal on One True Faith is to share the faith and give talks on various topics including Angels, purgatory, Reformation, Heresies, Schism (Eastern Orthodox), Crusades and Inquisition, Catholics and Sex, Rapture, Sacraments, and much, much more. I am really enjoying listening to these talks.

Catholic Answers Radio Archive:
At Catholic Answers, you can look through the calendar of shows and download them for free. If there is a particular topic that you are interested in, use this search feature. Shows that have been particularly helpful for me are the series titled Open Forum for Non Catholics. This is something that Catholic Answers does once a month, where Non Catholics are invited to call in and ask questions about the Catholic Faith. Through this series alone, I have learned so much about the Catholic Faith and cleared up so many misconceptions that I had about Catholicism in general.

Sonitus Sanctus:
Sonitus Sanctus is a great blog site, where the author is building a list of Catholic MP3 Links on various topics. Pretty much any topic that you can think of, can be found here. I have listened to conversion stories as well as Protestant / Catholic Debates over the past few months from this site alone. There are also many different sermons here as well.

Archbishop Fulton Sheen:
Archbishop Fulton Sheen is wonderful. He has a very great way of explaining Catholic beliefs in a fashion that even I can understand. At ACTS Catholic Apologetics, they have captured many of this talks on various topics. If you have never heard of him before, I would highly recommend listening to some of his talks.

Bring to You:
The Bring To You is a wonderful site full of Catholic MP3 Audio. This is the very first site that I started downloading Catholic content from and listening to, during my conversion time. As you can imagine, I started out listening to the debates. I wanted to hear the arguments for and against Catholicism. Here you will find plenty of debates (at least 9 hours worth), not to mention audio from Catholic Answers Archive, conversion stories from the Journey Home, the entire Mere Christianity book by C.S. Lewis in MP3 format, Creation vs. Evolution debates, Da Vinci Code discussions and much, much more.

It is because of readily available references like these, that I have learned more and more about the Catholic Faith. There was a time that I thought that I knew all about the Catholic Faith, and I did not agree with it at all. This was because the things that I learned about Catholicism, was taught to me by Protestant teachers. They did not give an accurate picture of what the faith was really all about. It was time that I gave the Church a chance to speak for herself. Along with my friends, books, and the resources that I mentioned above, I have been able to give her that chance, and I have found her to be all that she said she was.

No comments: