Thursday, January 14, 2010

Catholic Answers :- Open Forum for Non Catholics

I remember the time when I was not a Catholic, but I was taking steps (okay not steps, but leaps) learning more and more about the Catholic faith.  I had plenty of questions (still do), and I had a group of friends that had a lot of answers.  Some of the answers were perfect, others I found still wanting.

In search of Truth, I found a radio program called Catholic Answers Live.  It is a radio program where they bring in priests and lay apologists onto the show and they talk about various topics.  Every month, they do one show where the discriminate against their Catholic audience called Open Forum for Non Catholics.  They ask all of the Catholics not to call in and they devote a whole hour to fielding questions from Non-Catholics.  I have to admit, this is my favorite show of the month and I look forward to it.

Tim Staples, renowned Catholic Apologist and fellow convert to the faith, was the guest for January's Open Forum for Non Catholics.  His conversion story can be found in Surprised by the Truth, but more than that, he is someone that loves God and loves His Church.

If you are interested in listening to this month's episode, where Tim talks about the biblical precedence for Purgatory and the Perpetual Virginity of Mary, amongst other things, you can find it here.  If you are interested in listening to more Open Forum for Non Catholics, then feel free to use the search functionality on their website, which you will find here.  (Search for "non catholic" in the title if you are interested in more Open Forum for Non Catholics / Tough Questions from Non-Catholics)

Thanks and God bless...

No comments: